I had a dream about someone I know, not particularly close to them but we're related.
In the dream, I was visited by a middle aged couple who I was helping protect their A-frame house (which was in frame stage itself) from the rain that was beginning to fall. As we went about our work, climbing wooden ladders to the top and spreading huge tarps across the framework, they asked me how I had been going because it had been some time since we had caught up. They were very familiar with me and I felt like I knew them, even though I also knew - with that tiny part of my logical mind that was acting as an observer of the dream, knowing it was a dream I was having - that I had not met them in my waking life.
I told them I had actually just received some rather confronting news about my family member. I gestured to a mobile phone I had in the palm of my hand, as if the call had just come in (it had actually been a short dream preceding this current one, in which I had received the news about the family member's health). I told them, as they watched me with concern and care etched on their faces, that I had been told the family member had just two years (to live, was the feeling I received ... it had been a terminal diagnosis) and that it was cancer. Something to do with a 'cavity' and the image I sensed at that moment was that it was something internal - something about this person's very core - which was being really pummelled. Damaged. Stifled.
There was nothing much else to the dream, it petered out after that.
When I awoke, the family member was on my mind all that day. By the time I was sitting in a class at Peace Space on Wednesday just past, this person was (energetically) distracting me and right in front of my face, commanding my attention. My help, perhaps?
I was quite surprised, as normally, when this happens, it is not somebody who I know very well (if at all). It was a tad difficult to remain impartial, given the link I have to this person, but I have maintained my dutiful, spiritually responsible equilibrium about it all and have offered all I can to this person - again, energetically - in trust that shape shifting is occurring.
From here, I am going to be working with this person, on a very higher conscience level, for it would be improper, unfair and possibly shattering (energetically speaking) to go barging in on a physical level and begin dialogue to get to the heart of the matter. I don't even know what the heart of the matter is. It's not my job to guess nor to assume. I am merely going to start asking questions "out there" and trust that the work is being done - that this person will be receiving the questions and opening up slowly to working out the answers on their own. They are pertinent questions. They are questions that are being prompted by something other than me. But ultimately, they are the gateways to healing something this family member has probably been holding for a long time. The pace they go at with working on this will be up to them and their own guidance.
Do I believe this person is going to get the Big C and pop off in two years' time? No. And... I sincerely hope not. I don't think it's that at all - I am not a fortune-teller. But what I have been learning to decipher is the messages I am given and the processes I am being guided to go through, as having some effect somewhere, somehow, on the person. They come to me. If ever I doubt myself or sway into skepticism (a healthy and handy thing to have in this line of work ;), I have to always remember that I don't go looking for these projects and little earth-healing chores.
They always come looking for me. It is so very humbling and interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment